Saturday, May 28, 2016

As promised here's the May's post. I am continuing on the Ibrance/Faslodex treatment and after just one cycle (21 Ibrance pills and 6 Faslodex shots) my tumor markers have gone down! So this means the treatment is working and I hope it will continue to do so for many months/years.


This treatment is what is called a "targeted" chemotherapy and therefore it attacks only the cancerous cells. This means my hair is growing back! It's being so long I don't remember what I look like with hair but I'm looking forwarded to it. Side effects are mild compared to Abraxane. I get a little nauseous but take Zofran and for the most part feel fine.


I went to see the Orthopedic doctor who did my hip replacement surgery and he took x-rays. Everything is in the right place and since I have no pain I will see him in 3 months and then every six and then once a year. I'm still getting physical therapy twice a week but it may be soon coming to an end since I've advanced as much as I can given the fact that the Orthopedic doctor has said he feels "more comfortable" if I continue walking with my walker "forever". So walking with a cane or by myself is not a goal he has for me and the PT can't keep me on forever without advancing goals.


It's been 2 years and 10 months since the mets were discovered during surgery to my femur and I'm still alive and kicking thank God. So I am positive to be able to continue to be around maybe for at least until the next grandchild comes along.


Well friends, that's all for now. Keep on keeping on.


Aurora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home