Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Well, hello! Today is my birthday! I'm 54 and I've survived one year after my diagnosis of stage IV breast cancer. I am grateful for what seems a miracle of recovery. Last year, I spent my birthday in the hospital. Actually I spent 3 and a half months in that hospital recovering from the femur fracture caused by cancer and from the hand injury caused by doctors!

But I'm not complaining. Last year my daughter was told I would probably not live long. And I'm still here!
Today my daughter gave me a birthday card with the following quote on it:

"On the most important birthdays of all, I am glad to be able to be with you. More importantly, thank God you (me) are here, Birthdays take on a new meaning when you know they are now special gifts from above."

I couldn't have said it better. I thank God I'm still here and my birthday does indeed have a new special meaning!

This coming Friday I have a PET scan scheduled. I am praying that the results will be like the ones from February which showed that the cancer had stop growing and is now stable.

All in all a lot to be grateful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home