Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hello everyone:

I am writing this entry to repeat some of the things I've already shared and add one that is new. Yesterday, two nice ladies from a cleaning company came to my house and did house cleaning for me free of charge. That was thanks to the help from "Cleaning for a Reason" website that brings together cancer patients with companies such as the one that comes to my house and gives them 4 free house cleanings. So if you are struggling to keep your house tidy due to your diagnosis, or even if you are not struggling but need a respite, go to their website and apply for this "perk" that comes with CancerCard.

Another one of these "perks" is Lans Armstrong's "Liverstrong.org" program at the YMCA. This is a 12 week strength and cardio training free of charge for cancer patients at the local Y. I am starting this afternoon and can't wait I'm really excited. And while I train my family gets to use the Y's facilities free of charge! Again, if this is something that you might find helpful go to their website.

And finally, there's a new blog being started by fellow breast cancer patients called: www.oppositeofpink.blogspot.com Without trying to offend anyone, this blog is trying to raise awareness toward Stage 4-Metastatic Breast Cancer during the month of October. 30% of women diagnosed of breast cancer, regardless of stage, will go on to develop metastatic breast cancer for which there is no cure. Please visit the site and donate if you can.

On August 29th, I'm scheduled for a new PET scan, hopefully it will be stable like the last one. I feel fine and don't think there's been any progression but will have to see. Keep me in your thoughts please.

Yipee! This is my third post this month! Lots happening!

Bye for now.
Aurora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home