Friday, August 8, 2014

I am so happy I could jump up and down! (If the bone mets allowed me). Due to my permanent disability my student loans have been discharged and the payments that I made since I became disabled are being returned to me! This is a cash fall out that I wasn't expecting and with that cash I bought myself plane tickets to Cancun which so happens to be where my parents live. I haven't seen them since 2010 when I went right after I finished chemo when I was /stage 2, Back then I even snorkeled in an underground cave river and even though I was bald and just two weeks out from chemo everything went well. Now I will see them after my Stage 4 diagnoses. I was in the hospital for 3 and half months last year and so my parents are glad they will be able to see me and reassure them that even through the diagnosis is not pretty but I am still alive and kicking!

This month is my birthday (on the 27th I will be 54) and so this is my birthday present to myself. My passport is expired so I have to renew it, THAT will be my daughter's birthday present to me! So, like I said I am happy, happy, happy. I can't wait for October. (Yes, my trip is not until October) The cheapest tickets I found had to be until October but I don't care, I can wait. I already told my parents and they are as happy as I am!

Like I said in another post, there are some "perks" that come with being a CancerCard cardholder. Hehe.
Although of course I would rather not have this horrible disease but I'll take anything positive that comes with it.

CANCUN HERE I COME!!!!!

1 Comments:

At August 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Tatiana said...

Acabo de encontrar tu blog, yo también tengo cáncer de mama y metástasis óseas. Te mando mucha fuerza
Un abrazo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home