Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ok today was my second time at the YMCA working out with the Livestrong.org class. On Tuesday I did 6 minutes in the stepper, threadmill and bicycle and today I did 10 minutes on each, so 4 more minutes. I also added 20 leg curls.

Also, a friend of the family bought for us an elliptical machine and on the days I don't go to the Y I'll be exercising on it. I need to loose wait not only because I am overweight but because I know that fat cells produce hormones which feed the cancer.

So far I'm motivated to do this and it helps that my family joins me, they use the swimming pool while I am in class.

I need to take baby steps and not get frustrated if I don't see immediate results. At this point anything is an improvement over sitting down at the computer all day long. It helps that this class is made for cancer patients but in a "normal" gym setting. I've read in other places that even after years the women in some of these groups remain friends after many years since the class was over. That would be great if I can build a support network here in Orlando since I hardly know anyone outside my family.

This blog will help keep a record of how I am improving (if at all).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home